My W.I.S.E. Choice
is a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), offering a range of entry-level home support services that complement Meals on Wheels meal delivery service and help older people to live independently in their homes and communities.
You may be eligible for CHSP services if:
You are over 65 years of age or over 50 years if you’re an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, and you:
Using reablement and wellness approaches, “My W.I.S.E. Choice” aims to support people to be
“My W.I.S.E. Choice” services include
Trained volunteers can visit people in their own homes to provide regular social contact and a friendly, familiar face to our customers.
Opportunities to enjoy social interaction with others, share food and engage in meaningful, productive activities that can have positive benefits on overall health and wellbeing
- Services are available Monday to Friday
- Participation is subject to eligibility (approved CHSP customers)
- Services are subject to availability and vary across MoW branches
- Services are flexible and can be tailored to each person’s individual goals and choices
- An affordable competitively priced client contribution, is applicable
To view the Fee schedule and Client Contribution policy Click here
- Social Programs – costs may vary
- We can assist with linking people to affordable, local transport options or organise taxi services, at the persons’ own expense. If a person has approval for CHSP funded transport, please let us know.
“My W.I.S.E. Choice” does NOT provide transport in private cars or volunteers’ cars.